Monday, August 14, 2006

One Year Later...

Second after second, minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, month after month...it just goes on...there's no turning back, there's only a looking forward...

It's been a year since I started my blog...as I looked back in this one year, I see things that I want to change but couldn't change, things that I want to change but did not make the effort to change and things that I did not want to change but still changed.
I'm beginning another chapter of my life and meeting new people and experiencing new things.
I just pray that I will face everything that comes my way with courage and openness, that I will let God speak when He wants and listen to the Holy Spirit.

Many of us are like a small seed planted into the soil of the earth. God is like the gardener who will tend that tiny seed carefully, tenderly and lovingly. Watching that tiny seed slowly grow into a seedling, bit by bit and day by day...however, along the way, there would be weeds growing alongside that small seedling, weeds that sometimes seem so overwhelming that it threatens to choke that seedling. Yet the gardener is ever alert, He will not let the weeds kill the seedling, just enough weeds to provoke that seedling to become stronger but at the right time, He will remove the harmful weeds and let the seedling breathe and bask freely in the Sun, enjoying all the benefits that the Sun has to give. At times, there may be rain and even storms, during these times, the seedling is left to endure the endless torrent of rain that beats down relentlessly, to the extent of drowning that seedling and preventing its growth. Yet, the Sun is never far away, it is just there, waiting quietly behind the clouds for the right moment, for the rain to pass and then it can once again shine down on the seedling to make it grow stronger each new day. The Sun will never leave the seedling for it knows that the seedling needs it to live, for life is in the Sun and life comes from the Sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home