New Year 2007
It's 2007! Somehow, I have always felt 2007 is a special year, that new things are going to happen and stuff like that. Now that it has finally arrived, I realised that everything seems to be the same...there's no special fireworks and sudden changes (such as "wow! i've lost 10kg".)
It made me realise that perhaps every year is going to be the same if nothing is done to make it special or memorable. I enjoyed 2006 because there were a lot of interesting events that happened but at the end of it, as I looked back, I somehow wished that there was more...that things could have been way better.
I guess it's no point just wishing because things don't happen just by wishing. Fred Rogers (don't exactly know who he is but what he said makes sense) said " What makes the difference between wishing and realizing our wishes? Lots of things, and it may take months or years for wishes to come true, but it's far more likely to happen when you care so much about a wish that you'll do all you can to make it happen." And we all go "That is so true..."
If you want something to happen, then make it happen but then you got to first care so much about this particular thing that you would be willing to go all out and do everything you can to make it happen, otherwise, it's just going to be another wish that didn't come true.
No matter how often you wish you were thinner or that you'll have more money, it's just won't happen...well, it can happen in your dreams and fantasies but it won't happen in reality, that's for sure.
So, if 2007 is going to be the special year that I wished it would be, then I got to start making the necessary effort to develop it into a real special year :)

1 Comments:
2007. New year, new beginning!! Let's make the most of it. Or rather, let it get the best outta us! :p
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home