Rejoice :)
"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Philippians 4:4
Rejoice...in the Lord...always...
Rejoice means to be glad, take delight. Eg: to rejoice in another's happiness
It also means to feel joyful. Eg: rejoiced at the news; rejoiced in her friend's good fortune
Even as I read through the meanings of rejoice, it dawned upon me that learning to rejoice is also to learn to be glad at someone else's good tidings.
Often, humans find it diffcult to rejoice, to be joyful because we could be looking at ourselves instead of others. We feel happy only when good things happen to us and yet feel envious when something better happens to someone else, wishing that we could be that lucky person. Then we wonder why is it so difficult for us to rejoice.
Of course, we are not able to rejoice because we have so totally missed the whole point of rejoicing, which is to be delighted at another's good news.
I thank God for the many friends that He has placed in my life and most importantly, I rejoice in the Lord, that He is able to pour out His bountiful blessings upon the people I care about,be it family, relatives and friends.
Rejoicing is so effortless, when one learns to see others' happiness as one's happiness and be able to truly be glad and take delight in another's blessings.
And again, I say, Rejoice...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home